Job Link Recruitment - Preston South, VIC
Home Care encompasses many aspects. By joining our client's team as a Care Support Worker, you will be administering the Home Care Program.
Our reputable client is seeking enthusiastic and passionate Care Support Workers. Personality is everything so they are willing to take on people with limited experience. You will provide support to older people in their home and live independently within the community.
Home Care may include transportation, house cleaning, personal hygiene, providing meals, and other health and wellness related activities. The Care Support Worker is also responsible for administering the Home Care Program. The worker will maintain confidential client files and will prepare and present reports and information as required. The Care Worker will ensure that all Home Care is provided in a caring and respectful way in keeping with all relevant policies and procedures and Home Care Standards. The Home Care Worker will liaise with other community services and resources to ensure that other resources are involved, if required. The Coordinator will also provide information and education to individuals and groups in the community, as required and requested.
Responsibilities may include but not limited too:
• Support your own clients with in-home services such as; personal care, domestic assistance, social support, medication prompting, meal preparation, in home respite and transport
• Promote independent living skills and personal choices
• Complete any required documentation of day-to-day services, including incident reporting in accordance with organisational procedures
• Working under the guidance and supervision of medical professionals
• Monitoring and communicating customer's condition to the Coordinator
• The In-Home Support Worker will demonstrate a commitment to best practice, ensuring that all services are provided in a caring and respectful way in accordance with policy and procedures.
• Current and clear Criminal Record Check or willingness to obtain
• Current Local Driver's Licence
• Current First Aid certificate or willingness to obtain
• Ability to be contacted by either telephone or email
• Ability or willingness to assist or work with customer in daily living and personal care skills
• Be reliable & productive
• Valuing attitudes towards customers
• Ability to work as part of a team and maintain good working relationships
• Commitment to self-improvement
• Good written and verbal skills in English
• Certificate III in Aged Care and/or Disability Care or working towards the qualifications
Hours: Shift work across a 7 day work week.
Salary: From $25.53
Job Ref: 11239
Successful candidates will undergo and interview with our client’s recruitment team.