We are looking for a HSE Advisor - Lake Macleod to to provide strong frontline Health and Safety support at our Lake Macleod operations.
Dampier Salt has three operations located at Dampier, Port Hedland and Lake MacLeod and is headquartered in Perth, Western Australia. Produced through a sustainable process of solar evaporation of sea water, we reliably deliver high quality salt essential for making thousands of products used in everyday life. What the role entails
This role is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to assist in driving the ongoing development of a strong health and safety culture. Working and reporting to the HSE Superintendent, you will be:
What you will need for this role
- Planning and providing advice and support to improve health and safety performance and manage risk to meet Rio Tinto and legislative requirements
- Providing H&Sdevelopment coaching for Leaders to assist them to demonstrate their visible field leadership.
- Supporting the operations in embedding and sustaining the Critical Risk Management system.
- Assisting in the audit process through coaching stakeholders on health and safety standards and elements of health and safety as well as gap analysis
- Providing expertise for risk assessment and verification of appropriate training for high risk tasks
- Facilitating significant incident investigations as well as supporting and coaching health and safety representatives
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Certificate 4 or Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
- A current Western Australian “C” class drivers licence
- Experience in a similar health and safety role in the mining sector
- A broad knowledge and previous application of safety systems, mines act and OHS regulations
- Demonstrated ability to influence key stakeholders
- Be able to work well independently and within a small dynamic leadership team
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- Tertiary qualification in any HSE discipline
- Medical and/or emergency response experience/qualifications.
If you are looking for change, a new career and would like to work for a successful global organisation, join us today.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions. -