Due to a recent internal move, our client is seeking an enthusiastic & high-calibre junior accountant to join their down to earth, fun, friendly and high-performing finance team based in the northern suburbs of Melbourne.
This position is the sort of start that could really set you up for a career of success in accounting, as they are looking for a person that has a can-do attitude, will appreciate the opportunity to be mentored by very experienced senior finance professionals, and make the most of it.
Reporting directly to the Group Financial Controller your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Prepare daily, weekly monthly & long range Cash flow forecasts
• Liaise senior stakeholder around cash flow requirements
• Preparation of daily & monthly bank reconciliations
• Balance sheet reconciliation
• Preparation of monthly prepayments and accruals
• Maintain fixed asset register
• Monitor and account for WIP (work in progress)
• Provide fixed asset and capital WIP reporting
• Support business in capital WIP transactional
• Support the preparation of BAS, FBT & tax returns
• Liaise with stakeholder from across the whole business
• Ad hoc duties and projects as specified by the Group Financial Controller
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will be tertiary qualified in an accounting or business degree, with a proven track record of academic success. You will aspirations to complete or have started your CA or CPA and have 1-3 years professional experience as well as basic knowledge of accounting standards. Your experience will either be within a professional services firm, or within a commercial business. Candidates will have proficient experience using MS Excel. Exceptional communication skills, with proven ability to demonstrate initiative and have good attention to detail are essential.
Sharp & Carter has been exclusively engaged by a leading ASX listed organisations that is the undisputed market leader in their field. They have a suite of iconic products that you will see in every supermarket across the country as well as a very strong export business across the globe.
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Jonathon Prince, quoting Ref No. 16755.